Air Purifying Plants in Dubai: Keeping home a pleasant place is the ultimate goal of the indoor garden, Bring Home These Air Purifying Plants in Dubai home. 10 Best Plants for Cleaning Indoor Air and purifies to make it pleasant.
Air-purifying indoor plants
Air-purifying indoor plants to clean Air are listed below…
- Golden Pothos
- English Ivy
- Aloe Vera
- Bamboo Palm
- Money Plant
- Green Spider Plant
- Snake Plant
- Peace Lily
- Indian Basil
1. Golden Pathos
- Epipremnum pinnatum ‘Golden Pothos‘ has large, green leaves with cream, yellow streaks & blotches that are valued for air-purifying qualities.
- Golden Pothos, which is known for its heart-shaped green leaves with yellow variegation; the lime-green Pothos Neon; and the Pothos Marble.
- Devil’s Ivy enjoys a light spot, but preferably not in direct sunlight or a draught.
- The paler the leaves, the more light the plant needs.
- The soil can be moderately damp, but do not have the roots standing in water if possible.
- Some plant food once a month will maintain Devil’s Ivy’s growth.
- If you are looking for the short answer on how long these plants live, the average lifespan of an indoor pothos plant is between 5 and 10 years.
- The Golden Pothos loves medium to low indirect light.
- To get a cutting for Pothos propagation, follow these steps: Trim a 4-6 inch piece just below a root node.
- Common names of Epipremnum aureum
- Devil’s Ivy
- Devil’s Vine
- Golden Pothos
- Ivy Arum
- Marble Queen
- Taro Vine
Golden Pathos Air Purifying Plants available in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar – both online and offline Plant Souq.
2. English Ivy | Hedera Helix
English ivies are one of the best air–purifying plants, according to a NASA study. They can remove toxins like formaldehyde, benzene, xylene
- English Ivy: Hedera helix, the common ivy, English ivy, European ivy, or just ivy, is a species of flowering plant of the ivy genus in the family Araliaceae.
- English ivy (Hedera helix) is an evergreen perennial. It is also classified as a woody vine. English ivy can act as a ground cover
- English ivy plants (Hedera helix) are superb climbers, clinging to almost any surface by means of small roots that grow along the stems.
- Ivies do well at cool to moderate room temperatures of 50 to 70 °F during the day and about 5 to 10 °F lower at night.
- For best results, apply glyphosate in the spring when English ivy has 2 to 4 new leaves.
- The plants require an evenly moist and relatively humid environment, consistent temperature, and an occasional pruning.
- English ivy plants can live up to 100 years or longer with one plant in England being documented at more than 400 years in age.
Species: H. helix
English Ivy | Hedera Helix – Air Purifying Plants available in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar – both online and offline Plant Souq.
3. Aloe Vera Plants
Aloe vera is a succulent plant species of the genus Aloe. Aloe Vera indoor plant available online in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Fujairah. Buy Now!
- Aloe is a cactus-like plant that grows in hot, dry climates.
- Aloe gel is generally considered safe when appropriately applied to the skin.
- Exclusive range of fresh Aloe Vera plants Dubai that can be kept at home.
- Aloe Vera indoor plants to anyone on absolutely any occasion.
- The Aloe Vera plant does not require any extra humidity and can handle dry air.
- During the active growing period, Aloe vera should be well watered and allowed to dry before watering again.
- Aloe suggested uses include promoting wound healing, as anesthesia, as an antiseptic, for arthritis, burns, cold sores, fever, inflammation, as a moisturizer, and for itching.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Eating Aloe Vera are
- Aloe is possibly effective for pain, inflammation, and wound healing.
- It helps treat constipation
- It boosts metabolism.
- It aids in reducing blood sugar levels
- It helps with detoxification.
- It can cause upset stomach.
- It can have adverse reactions to certain medications.
- It poses risks to pregnant and lactating women
- It can be bad for those having heart problems.
Aloe Vera is a good air purifying plants available in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar – both online and offline Plant Souq.
4. Bamboo Palm
Bamboo palm Air purifying plants available at Dubai city garden center, nursery. Bamboo palm, Dubai famous indoor plants available with leading online plant suppliers, sellers, and available at plant souq in dubai.
Growing Palms Indoors – Learn About Bamboo Palm Care
- Bamboo palm (Chamaedorea seifrizii) will grow in low light conditions and they will grow taller!
- An excellent air purifier the bamboo palm is easy to grow and maintain, it makes a great centrepiece in a quirky pot.
- Lights, Water, Action
- The bamboo plant, also known as the Butterfly Palm or Areca Palm
- Bamboo Palm is one of the best air purifying plants Dubai.
- A hardy plant, it filters benzene, formaldehyde and trichloroethylene.
- It needs moist soil and placement in an area with good air circulation.
- As an added benefit beyond air purification, it is also a natural humidifier making it all the more useful during the dry winter.
- Areca palms thrive in areas with bright but not direct sunlight.
- The plant requires regular pruning as it grows rapidly. Since it is non-toxic it is safe for pets.
Bamboo is a excellent air purifying plants available in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar – online and offline Plant Souq.
5. Money Plant
Epipremnum aureum | Money Plant | Devil’s ivy | Buy Online
Epipremnum Aureum is also known as Money plant كرمة المال. Money Plant aka Devil’s ivy in Dubai: Discover the different types of Money Plants you can grow indoors and outdoors to bring this good luck charm into your home. In the indoor environment, money plants can remove harmful pollutants like benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene. Buy Online money plants in Dubai on Plant Souq to keep your home healthy and pleasant.
Top 10 Types of Money Plants
- Green Money Plant (Most Common money plant)
- Golden Money Plant
- Split Leaf Money Plant
- Marble Queen Money Plant
- Marble Prince Money Plant
- Silver Money Plant
- Swiss Cheese Money Plant
- Big Leaf Money Plant
- Jade Plant
- Neon Money Plant
Money Plant Fortune in Dubai
The name ‘money plant’ comes from the fact that it may attract a lot of money. It protects you from financial difficulties and provides good fortune and success to your home. The significance of the money plant has been mentioned several times in Vastu shastra, highlighting the necessity of its placement.
Where should a money plant be placed?
Living room: According to various Vastu experts, money plant should be kept in the south-east corner of the room for attracting luck and prosperity. Since this direction is ruled by planet Venus and Lord Ganesha, both of them symbolise wealth and luck.
Money Plant Air Purifier
Featured by NASA, the Money Plant is renowned for its ability to remove chemicals and other pollutants from the air, specifically benzene, formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
Indoor Plants | Outdoor Plants | Gardening Supplies | Seeds & Grow Kits | Pots & Trays | Artificial Plants
Buy Money Plants Online
6. Green Spider Plant | Chlorophytum Comosum
Oxygen Plant: Green Spider plant (Aka oxygen plant): Green Spider plants are one of the most adaptable and good indoor plants to grow of all time. A green spider plant can live in many forms – a tabletop plant, a hanging plant or an outdoor plant. It can also grow in many way such as soil, cocoa beans and water.
Chlorophytum comosum, usually called spider plant or common spider plant due to its spider-like look, also known as spider ivy, ribbon plant.
Other Names of Chlorophytum Comosum, often called spider plant but also known as airplane plant, St. Bernard’s lily, spider ivy, ribbon plant, and hen and chickens is a species of a perennial flowering plant.
- Spider-like long stems leave
- With green edges and
- A white stripe running down the middle.
Scientific name: Chlorophytum comosum
Plants grows 12-15″ tall. The thick, fleshy roots and rhizomes evolved to store water, allowing it to survive inconsistent watering. Spider plant produces small white flowers.
Water your Spider Plant when the top 50% of the soil is dry. Water until liquid flows through the drainage hole at the bottom of the pot and discard any water that has accumulated in the saucer.
In winter, allow the soil to dry a bit more between waterings.
Spider plants like even moisture;
- They don’t like to be too dry or too wet.
- Keep plants in bright to moderate indirect sunlight.
- Spider plants do not appreciate direct, hot sunlight, which can burn their leaves, causing brown tips and spots.
- Spider plants grow fairly quickly and can easily become pot bound.
- Spider plants produce a rosette of long, thin, arched foliage
Green spider plant is a air purifying plants for indoor and outdoor, plants available online in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar at Plant Souq.
7. Snake Plant | Dracaena trifasciata
Dracaena trifasciata is a species of plant in the family Asparagaceae, native to tropical West Africa from Nigeria east to the Congo. It is most commonly known as the snake plant.
Other Names like Saint George’s sword, mother-in-law’s tongue, and viper’s bowstring hemp, among other names.
- There are around 70 different species of snake plant
- All native to tropical and sub-tropical regions of Europe, Africa, and Asia.
- Mother-in-law’s tongue is an easy care plant.
- The root ball needs to stay a bit damp and in the winter a bit dryer.
- Staying too damp for a long time isn’t advisable;
- The plant would rather be too dry.
- Don’t water the leaf rosette.
- Terra cotta pots work well for snake plants.
Snake plants prefer bright, indirect light and can even tolerate some direct sunlight. However, they also grow well (albeit more slowly) in shady corners and other low-light areas of the home.
Snake plant air purifying plants available in across UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia & Oman. | Plantsouq
8. Peace Lily | Spathiphyllum
Peace lilies (Spathiphyllum), also known as closet plants, are a popular choice for offices and homes. Peace lilies plants in the family of Araceae. Certain species of Spathiphyllum are commonly known as spath or peace lilies.
The peace lily, also known as the spathe flower or white sails plant, is the common name for several species in the Spathiphyllum genus and it is used as a Air Purifying Plants for the indoor in Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Ajman
Scientific name: Spathiphyllum
Peace lilies need consistently moist soil, but they definitely don’t like to sit in standing water. Whenever the top inch of soil is dry, water the plant until the overflow starts to come out of the bottom of the container. Wait until it stops draining, then set the pot back in its saucer.
Peace lilies (Spathiphyllum sp.) are prized for their pleasing appearance, ease of growth and for their ability to clean the air. Peace lilies live on average from three to five years.
Grow peace lily in a bright spot out of direct sunlight. Water regularly, keeping the compost moist but not wet. In spring and summer, feed fortnightly with a liquid house plant food. Deadhead spent blooms and dust or wipe the leaves regularly to ensure they photosynthesise well.
Keep the peace lily away from noninsulated windows and doors this winter because cold drafts will harm it. Temperatures above 90 degrees can cause leaf curling, yellowing and browning. Low humidity, which is common indoors during the winter heating season, can cause brown tips on the leaves.
9. Azaleas | Rhododendron Simsii
Azaleas are flowering shrubs in the genus Rhododendron, particularly the former sections Tsutsuji and Pentanthera. Azaleas bloom in the spring, their flowers often lasting several weeks. Shade tolerant, they prefer living near or under trees. They are part of the family Ericaceae.
Azaleas in various colors are a beautiful sight to behold. Planted in a group, it will add color and freshness to your life.
This beautiful dual purpose plant not only acts as an air purifier but also decorates our interiors with its attractive flowers.
These beautiful flowering air-purifying houseplants grow well in bright but cool areas that do not get direct sunlight as bright sunlight can burn the leaves.
It helps counteract the bad effects of formaldehyde from plywood and foam insulation. To maintain the shape of the plant, you can trim it when the flowering period is over.
Azaleas, Rhododendron Simsii is a best plant to shop online in Dubai, UAE. Buy fresh Plants & gardening products at Plant Souq.
- Azaleas do well in full sun or part shade (about four hours of sun).
- Planted in full sun, azaleas will be more compact and floriferous.
- When planted in part shade, they will stretch toward the sunlight and form a more graceful habit;
- Flowers will not be as plentiful but will last longer.
- Azaleas are one of the most popular spring-flowering shrubs seen in landscapes.
- Too much or too little light can also damage these plants. Leaf scorch, which is caused by too much sun, may appear as yellow or brown spots on foliage.
- Azaleas are acid loving plants
- Semi cold-resistant evergreen shrub of Tetraceae Azalea
- Select a location that has morning sun and afternoon shade, or filtered light. Hot all-day sun can stress the plants and make them more susceptible to pests.
- Azaleas also require well-drained, acidic soil.
10. Holy Basil | Tulsi | Ocimum tenuiflorum
Ocimum tenuiflorum alias Indian Basil or Holy Basil, tulsi or tulasi, is an aromatic perennial plant in the family Lamiaceae. It is native to the Indian subcontinent and widespread as a cultivated plant throughout the Southeast Asian tropics.
It helps in beating the various diseases like cancer, heart loss, heart diseases, healthy skin, quitting smoking and also heals various respiratory problems. Likewise it is also good for your home by increasing positive energy.
Scientific name: Ocimum tenuiflorum
Holy Basil remains one of the most cherished of India’s sacred healing plants in the world. The leaves smell of peppermint, cloves, licorice and/or lemon and it is used for medical purpose in the homes of India.
Use a light, well-draining soil that is enriched with organic material, although holy basil will tolerate poor soil fairly well. Your plant will also tolerate some shade, so full sun is not necessary. Keep it watered but not soggy and harvest leaves as needed, just as you would with an ordinary sweet basil plant.
Indian or Holy basil is rich in vitamin K, a fat-soluble micronutrient that helps support heart health and bone mineralization.
A ¼-cup of fresh holy basil leaves contains:
- Calories: 1.38.
- Protein: 0.189 grams.
- Fat: 0.038 grams.
- Carbohydrates: 0.159 grams.
- Fiber: 0.096 grams.
- Sugar: 0.018 grams.
Tulsi: The plant creates a pleasant aroma, which keeps the surrounding fresh. Tulsi is called the queen of all herbs, it is used widely in Ayurvedic. Keeping this plant at home purifies the air. It is believed that the tulsi plant absorbs toxic gases such as sulphur dioxide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, etc., from the air.
Tulsi, Indian basil or holy basil is one of the famous Air Purifying Plants in India and UAE – Dubai, Sharjah, Abu Dhabi & Qatar – Online and Offline | Plant Souq.